1 February 2023

Happiest Post

 Hi , I never thought I would write a post like this or my first post of 2023 would be this . 


So today I went to my daughter school to meet the P.T teacher before the parent teacher meeting to know how she is doing with regards to sports . I know that she is very good at Hoola hooping and she was there in all the sports day opening ceremony for all grades . I still wanted to know whether she has interests in any other sport or how far she is active . 

The conversation at first was just normal . The teacher asked me why don’t you give her some fish and chicken to improve stamina. Before this she said she is extremely fast and clever . She is the youngest in class and smallest but powerful . She has a long way to go . Nainika is good at Hoola hoop, running , swimming and skating . I said we are vegetarians and she doesn’t eat any of these or we have not tried . Teacher suggested me to buy from outside and give . I definitely know that it’s not going to happen . 

Later the teacher eyes were full or tears . She said in so many years of experience you are the only parent who came to meet me and ask how my child is doing or how to improvise her . I was out of words but still controlled my feelings and continued talking . She said I am also a vegetarian and I am very proud of you and Nainika father . I see you everyday dropping her at school and have noticed you people . 

She also said , I am proud that you are encouraging or supporting your girl child to excel in sports . If at all my parents did this I would have not been here I would have been a great player or continued to stay in India . If Nainika has parents like you both she is definitely gonna shine . 

And , that hit me hard ! A tear came from my eye after one hour of conversation. I told her thank you and slowly came out of the room . 

So what I understood is sports is not valued many at times or it’s a problem if a girl at home is interested in sports . Also , parents look at P.T teachers lethargically. I think they must be respected and valued as well . 

Yesterday was the happiest day in our life .I don’t know whether to be proud of ourselves or proud of our daughter. Now we know she is a sports person and we have made up our mind to go in her route . 


3 comments:

  1. We need more parents like you who encourage sports parallel to studies, and you shouldn't doubt your pridefulness as a parent to bring up a girl child in her interest. Hats off! Let this year and the following ones continue to cheer on your lives.

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...