8 November 2020

My Diwali Thoughts

This Diwali is a very simple one for us looking into the current situation . We are yet to go to India .Probably next year ...

My memories on Diwali goes like this . My father buys a lot of crackers when we were small and definitely a new dress for the whole family . A special simple meal will be made by my mother . Myself ,my brother and sister love bursting crackers and we wake up by 3 or 4 am in the morning to keep the first cracker and wake up everybody . My mother loves  1000 wala and my favourite is pookutti( busvanam) and vishnu chakram . My brother loves ola pattasu and lakshmi vadi, my sister enjoys the kambi thiri . My dad randomly helps us with all these . A common big candle is the highlight which will stay in one corner in the house entrance.

Our common favourite is Roll Cap . All 3 will have a gun and we sit with it all day . Sometimes we like to crack it with a stone also. These are the beautiful memories of diwali I have . 

Today I am married and I have a child ,my sister and brother also got married and we 3 stay in different parts of the world . 

I wish all these happens soon once again and our kids get to enjoy like us as well as we too ;)

Alright so let get into the topic:) 

Today myself and Naveen wih tungli went for a small diwali shopping . We started with a saravana bhavan coffee, and from santy textiles got a pattu pavadai for Tungli and one saree each for myself and my mil . Naveen dint buy anything for him today because he dint like any of the kurtha there and he really wanted a formal or casual shirt so that it can be worn for work as well as while going out . He is not too much of a traditional/ethnic wear person. Anyhow he promised me that he will get one for sure before diwali .Then we went to perumal flower shop and bought some flowers for pooja and few tea light candles to keep in the diwali rangoli . That's all we did today .


Before I end what I have to say is I thank all the men around who bring money for the house and I do understand that most of them have lost their jobs or have salary cut offs .I hope it gets better soon.

I wish all the families get better from all their financial issues and other problems too and live a happy life .

Wishing you all a happy time ahead and advance diwali wishes . 

Once again thanks to all the men who make the home happy in any difficult situation ♡


10 comments:

  1. Deepavali Vaazhthukkal ungalukkum, unga kudumbathukkum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rombo nandri ♡ Ungalukkum engal deepavali vaazhthukkal .

      Delete
  2. Happy Deepavali.
    I like the sparklers not at all the crackers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you and your family a very happy diwali ♡

      Delete
  3. A nice post.It brought back fond memories of my younger days more than seven decades back.Whatever you had written  was identical with my and my siblings’ experience. My mom used to make several varieties of sweet and kara bakshanams besides lehiyam.There will be the mandatory nalangu before oil bath and the inevitable competition among siblings who will take oil bath first!
    Happy Deepavali to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy that I could bring back some memories for you . Wishing your family a very happy diwali ♡

      Delete
  4. I could easily relate to your memories of Diwali. Roll caps remain always close to heart and the funs we had with friends. My father used to buy us crackers through the Diwali fund conducted by one of his colleagues at the office, and we used to tick on the price list he brings home and would wait impatiently for the arrival of crackers. For the last few years, I’m buying crackers through online sites.

    btw. Wish you all happy diwali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know that you all could get the golden diwali memories . It's been years since I bursted or been in india during diwali . I hope atleast next year I be there . ADVANCE DIWALI WISHES TO YOU ALL ♡

      Delete
  5. True, Shilpa, gone days look sweeter than the present and present also will be among 'gone days' soon. Your fond memories are nostalgic. Nice remembering things like this. Wish you a happy Diwali and happy days ahead. May God be blessing all the people and families to get rid of this impoverishing pandemic.

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...