25 January 2022

Chit chat about Republic Day with Tungli

Happy Republic Day to all ! 



Today I thought of sharing my memories of Republic Day when I was a child and what I tell to Tungli .
Republic Day is always a happy day for us because we know that we don’t have classes and can go to see and get the chocolates after flag hoisting . I remember the parade in dd channel going on and meantime all the work at home also will be going on . I was a little sad on not wearing colour dress and going to school for flag hoisting but later I understood why it was always uniform . I used to walk to my school through the highway those days . Now the scene is not like this . Counting how many chocolates each got is an other fun time . 

Today due to covid and as the schools are closed Tungli doesn’t have a chance to experience this type of a Republic Day. 
Today morning I taught her vande mataram  song, Jana gana mana and how we used to go to school . I asked her the flag colours and to tell a little bit about india . I am glad that she remembers what I taught her and also remembers the flag that she made for Independence Day at Chennai . She said I look like lotus flower :) 
After all this chatting she asked me do they sing Jana gana mana and hoist flag for your birthday as today is my star birthday. I felt it really cute !!
















 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Republic Day! I hope Tungli can experience Covid free life soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we too wish the same …hope you are doing well take care

      Delete
  2. Happy star Birthday. Blessings for everlasting happiness and good health to you. Happy to note you explained to your daughter about Republic day and taught her national songs. The pandemic is still playing spoilsport by  preventing celebrating with gusto happy functions.
    Please share your email id giving you calendar birthday to send greetings kpartha12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you so much . Hope you are keeping well . I have sent you an email . Thank you .

      Delete
    2. Thank you. My ropy to you is not being delivered. You may send the mail to kpartha12@hotmail.com

      Delete
    3. Ok sure . Thanks for trying to send one .

      Delete
  3. Happy (star) birthday! True, kids miss a lot of fun nowadays because of Covid. Glad Tungli is able to recall what you taught. A cute question from her :-)

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...