5 September 2020

Our Coronam and Brother wedding

Normally Onam is a much celebrated festival in our house . This time it was an emotional one because on the same day it was my own brother's wedding and I couldnt attend . We had to see it in live but ,until and unless he is happy we are happy .That's all matters .I will be fine soon as days pass by . This situation and people dint favour me .

This year our Onam was very simple.

We dint sleep properly for 2 days as we had to stay live and see all the rituals going on and in between of all these myself and Naveen with tungli managed to go to the flower shop and buy some flowers . A simple CORONAM and a special flower kolam for the newly wedded.Finding happiness in between of the mess of emotions.Though I did not attend i did my own make up with some gold jewellery which I had here and i wore a new saree .I had to look well on the live call hence . 

So I made a small sadhya ( lunch with few special kerela dishes) and we had a good day all together . Kind of mixed feelings day .

Posting a picture of the flower kolam(Pookalam) below Hope you all like it. 

How was your onam or how did you like this design and the post  ?






10 comments:

  1. Your kolas is beautiful. You did join the celebration though at a distance! In these times, many people have to do the same for various life events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words .Stay safe ♡

      Delete
  2. It's sad that you couldn't make it to the wedding in person but in these COVID days attending online has to pass for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was extremely bad that I couldnt attend the wedding . As we dont have our parents also in their place I had to be there but that failed . But cant help it . I have to accept it .

      Delete
  3. At least you were able to watch the happening at the wedding venue. Loved your simple poo kolam!
    Hope you feeling good now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but mentally not doing that great . Will take some time I guess

      Delete
  4. Looks pretty, the arrangement with the petals.The design, of course I like because it has that traditional appeal, Shilpa. May God bless the new-weds!

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...