8 May 2021

The Auto ride

Here I am writing in hope that we all survive this second wave of Covid in India . Please stay home and tidy . Today if I am doing anything or if I have little in life it’s a luxury . This is what I feel ! Be happy and grateful for each and every second of your life . 

Today I had to go to the medical shop to buy some gloves and masks . I went in an auto and I think that was a good thing . This auto driver started by saying they have stopped the autos and I don’t know what to do . My auto is in loan and if you hear my life story you will get down and walk away . I told him that’s ok you can say and the story goes like this . His wife has cancer and she is blind . He has 2 daughters at home . He has not paid 3 months of his house rent and he said as he doesn’t have money to buy kanji powder he buys 10 rupee packet everyday and gives to his wife . He eats some rice water with pickle with his children . His eyes was full of tears . He said he got 600 rupees per day before lockdown but now doesn’t know what to do . He said if my wife dies I don’t even have money to do the rest of the rituals. 

Why did I listen to his story ? 
Because I know how it is like to keep so much within and no one to say what you feel like . 

After I got down from the auto he asked for the right charge amount . Not greedy at all . 

I had only 1000 rupees left in my purse and I gave it to him . He asked why madam and he couldn’t talk because of the sadness in throat and happiness in the eyes . 

Now , I am not posting this here for any appreciation. I am telling you that you are blessed to be where you are and always be thankful . 

Might be because of the good deeds my parents did I am atleast in this condition today . I am happy that I did the least I could for him . Atleast for today he will have a good day . This is  all that I could do because like all others I also have my own difficulties. I honestly wish I had a lot of money to help many more . 

When you see someone needs help in front of your eyes please do it without expectations . It will come back one day on the right time . 

Stay safe and this too shall pass . 

8 comments:

  1. There are so many such people languishing. We simply don't get to know about them.
    The other day, I was chatting with the tea stall owner behind by apartment block. He was telling me about how his income has drastically dropped and about the expenses he simply can't avoid. He is just clueless.
    The least we can do is reach out to them with our helping hand, in whatever way. And just hope they find some way out of the crisis.
    Indeed, we need to be thankful to God, for every moment and for all that it offers us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes atleast when we meet someone we can do . Little whatever we can

      Delete
  2. It was a spontaneous and kind gesture on your part.
    Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes have to to when the need is there

      Delete
  3. Although you didn't post your story to receive praises, I think you might inspire someone to reach out to others, too.

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...