16 June 2019

SAVE H2O

To begin with I am a tamilian who knows malayalam .My childhood was at Muscat, salalah and palakkad .

According to me I never wanted to marry a Chennai boy because in my perception tamilnadu was a place which has no water Whenever I switched on the TV I remember seeing ladies standing under a tap with colourful cans on the roads .I remember telling my mother when I grow up and you search for a groom do mention that I wont get married to a Chennai boy .

And , I ended up falling in love with a Chennai boy and marrying him ♡ . Then I realised the scenes which I saw in the TV when I was small is not actually the scene.

Today facing the water scarcity in Tamil I feel miserable.Its very difficult to manage . I just thought about pregnant ladies, I'll people, ladies on periods etc etc .You dont have water for anything . JUST IMAGINE

I have no idea why this place ended up to be so . Myself being a nature lover have always wanted to stay In a village , with fresh air ,water ,mountains and so on goes the list . Many people told us to buy a house in Chennai but we ended up buying in an other state because we knew that when we retire we need a peaceful place and not a city . I wish people realized the importance of water and saved it .Its too late but at least if we try to keep.our surroundings happy and clean I think everything will slowly improve.When I talk about all these people make fun of me .But today the day has come as I always say . We are in a situation to pay thousands for water . Life has become horrible .

We have a daughter and we teach her to save water . Few things that we tell her everyday.

1 .Open the tap only while washing your mouth not while brushing .
2.Open the tap to wash your face not while applying soap.
3.After playing in the tub take that water and pour it for the plants .
4.Keep a cup of water everyday in the balcony for the birds .

We think for a 2 year old this will do .

Most of  you are aware on what's happening around and  teach your kids too about all these.You might think what will a small.kid understand but they will. It might all seem like a joke but when it happens to us and the next set of people then we will know the real thing .

I wish the best happens in our future days and peace stay with all .

7 comments:

  1. You're doing a good job of teaching your daughter, because the lessons we learn at a very young age are the ones that really stick with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Shilpa. People creating awareness starting from own family is really appreciable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never knew you are a chennaivasi.There can be no greater travail than acute water scarcity when it takes days even to get a water tanker for a price.It is misery all around.We are praying for a miracle in the form of heavy rains. Good you are doing your bit to conserve water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a Chennaivasi since 2008.Let it rain. God save .

      Delete
  4. That's a much taught lessons for future and hope every small step will lead to summit. I believe good children are gift to society and they could bring the change in guide of responsible parents.

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...