12 April 2022

Life of Art ?

 Hello ! 

Advance Vishu & Tamil Puthandu wishes to all :) 

I think any kind of art is under estimated or under rated today . I will tell you why I thought of writing this . As you all know I am  an artist myself .  People think a million times  to pay fee for quality art classes . They need less fee and great quality art . 

Let’s come to Bharatanatyam . I would say this is not an easy deal . Let it be from class fee , stage shows whatever may be it’s so much of effort ,people , practice and talent there . 

Let’s talk about vocals . You can’t learn the basics from YouTube or any cinema . 

Like wise take any art . 

I am someone who believes art as the greatest blessing . 

Anybody can go for work but not everyone can bring or be connected to art . It’s like lord Brahma directly sending you with his blessings . 

Never bargain to a teacher . 

Now , let me tell you there were days when art was taught for free or for less fee . I studied vocals by paying 20 rupee fee per month. Today you have to pay minimum 500 for 1 hour class 

For classical dance you have to pay minimum 3000 for an hour of learning from a well know artist . 

For guitar it’s 800-1000 per hour . 

I would say . Know what you can afford and prioritise your interests and then join for classes . Let it be any art . 

Those were the days when art was taught out of passion . These days many make a lot of money with it . 

Always be a good student and a great guru with reasonable charges . You need not teach for free but must think from the other side as well and be reasonable.  


Post in your views on this . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...