17 April 2022

Vishu 2022

Hi !!

Happy Vishu / Tamil puthandu vaazhthukkal to all ;) 

Vishu has always been a sweet memory in my mind . Those days my mother used to keep a simple small vishu Kani with the vegetables and fruits taken from our backyard . We get tomatoes , bananas , ashgourd , pumpkin , coconut and cucumber from our backyard . Sometimes we get snake gourd if we are lucky .Konna Poo ( yellow flower ) need not say we just pluck it from the trees . My mother used to arrange the Kani and close my eyes and show the Kani in the morning nearly by 3 am to 4 am time . After that dad gives 101 rupees as kaineetam. At that time it was a big thing . Then we all take bath wear new clothes and go to the Krishna temple to see Kani there . Then a small vishu Sadhya at home . Neighbors call us and give kaineetam . A day collection would be 300 to 400 rupees . We save it and buy some Coloring or school items . These are the memories I have . 

Today I arranged a vishu Kani at my home with some art work of Tungli . Here are the pictures of the Kani . Tungli enjoyed seeing the Kani . I played the role of my mother today . Whatever we say about parenting or see all the modern videos on parenting , we all end doing the same parenting as our parents did . Atleast some . That’s the reality . 

Let me know how you liked it and how was your vishu in childhood or now . 

Bye ! 







Morning 4 am 

Can see Tungli art work in the wall :) 

Day light vishu Kani 

 

10 comments:

  1. What special memories. Best wishes for a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a lot of pleasant memories of this during your childhood.

    I hope you are doing well.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red rose ! You have a nice name . Yes I do have a lot of memories and trying my best to keep it within forever .

      Delete
  3. You have a new blog look, and it's a simple look and very nice. I like it. : )

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...