11 May 2022

Home

 How many of you think big houses doesn’t have a life in it . I strongly believe in this . I have been in big houses as well as small houses . 


After my wedding I moved to my husband house which is only 700 sq feet . But that house has real life . Our house is very small infact the smallest in the family . But most of the people come to our house only . To be honest we don’t even have space to accommodate a couple if they come home but still we give them the  main room and we sleep in the hall . We have a small little balcony with nearly 35 plants . A small Pooja room and a kitchen . This house was bought by my father in law nearly 30 years ago . 

Another example is Dhanalakshmi stores at trichy . This was my grandpa then uncle ( Peripa )  house where we used to go for vacation. I think he was paying 600 rupees rent per month . It has one room and a kitchen that’s all . Toilets were public but neat . We sleep in the terrace looking at the sky . Let me tell you that simple happiness still sticks to my mind . Today their kids live in the USA and they have got many houses and cars and they shift to a bigger house . I feel the love is missing when I go to that house . I always loved that tiny store house . Today there is a car , ac to sleep and lot of space but I loved the old house . 

In my family most of them have big houses but I don’t see anybody visiting their home or even eating a lunch or dinner together .  People live inside the same house but in their own rooms . They have attached bathroom , tv , and washing machine inside the room itself . So basically they come eat and then go into the rooms . I think my house doesn’t have space but we welcome and be happy with people . The door is always open for people with love and food . 

Today as me and Naveen are getting old we have decided ONE thing . We are ok to have a big garden or a backyard but the house has to be small . It’s not that we cannot built the biggest house . We can , but we won’t . I want my child to live happy where she gets to see , spend time with whoever comes to our house . Having a small / medium size house encourages to have a discussion in the hall , eat together , use the same gas , television and washing machine . I will never give a separate room to my daughter . She has to live within the house . Even if people think it’s old school that’s fine . These days I see a lot who are just in their room and their own thoughts . They don’t even smile . This is so sick ! 

What are your thoughts on this . Do you think tiny house makes sense ? 

5 comments:

  1. No. It does not make sense to me. How can you be sure people eat together if the house is small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dint say people eat together if the house is small . I meant it encourages to be together and as far as I have seen people with big houses have money but not unity or love . This is my view . Might not be the same for many . Origin , lifestyle & thinking differs right .

      Delete
  2. Do you think if the house is small, everyone will be home during dinner time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said that . Read properly please

      Delete
  3. Interesting post. I think it's the people inside who make a house a home, despite the size. I've seen loving families who engage with one another in various types of homes. I think it's great that you know what sort of home works best for you. Wishing you happiness and a home filled with unending love.

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...