23 July 2020

The story of sleep paralysis

Not sure how many believe this but sleep paralysis is a real thing. 

Has anybody experienced this if so post in your experience in the comment box.


My story of sleep paralysis . I experienced this for the first time when I was in Chennai.  I did work in night shifts or the so called graveyard shifts for 8 years . When I first experienced it I was so scared .

How i felt ? It's like some unknown thing climbing on you and making you lifeless . You cannot move or even call someone . Actually you would be calling for help but no sound would come out of your mouth . You will think you moving your hand to wake up the nearby person but actually you dont move . You are lifeless.You hear the weirdest sounds around you .Then in sometime you are free and you come out of it .The first thing I do is to drink water because it's like waking up from another world .

When i tell this to people they dont believe . Naveen has also experienced the same once in his lifetime hence he believes me.

I am still scared to sleep alone . I also tell someone at home to come and check on me when I am sleeping at night . I keep the door open and sleep . It's all because i am scared of this paralysis .

Do you believe in this . Have you experienced it .

I sincerely wish nobody goes through this . It's a scary and unexplained thing altogether.

12 comments:

  1. I believe you.

    It seems spiritual to me. I would call out to Jesus. He is the savior. The spiritual world is real.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never experienced this but in my home province of Newfoundland, it is know as Old Hag. I’ve known people who did experience it. You are not alone in this for sure. I wish you gentle slumbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok Marie. Thank you for the comment

      Delete
  3. I believe, because I have gone through it too! I never sleep alone despite being a dependant to turn around and to attend nature's call, I'm really scared if no one is around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is it . Yes so I am not alone .many face this

      Delete
  4. It never happened to me,its so scary!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe you. I haven't personally gone through this, though for the last 30 years have been working in night shifts, not the graveyard shift, but one that ends at 2 am or 3 am.

    You definitely are not alone in this. I have friends and a relative who work in such the graveyard shifts, not in the IT field, but other fields, like factories and hospitals.

    The father of a friend of mine worked as a train driver. He has retired now. And also, the father of 2nd cousin of mine was a KSRTC bus driver.

    Though all these people haven't used the term 'sleep paralysis', they have narrated their experiences which are very very similar to what you have written.

    These evening /night/ graveyard shifts go against the biological clock of our body. So it's no surprise that our body reacts.

    After hearing their stories, whenever I travel in the night by train or bus or even in flight, I always think about the sacrifice they make so that we can sleep and travel safely.

    ReplyDelete

Navarathri 2023

 Hi ! Hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful Navarathri season. Here are some of my golu pictures . Let me know which one you liked...